Fly Fusion Forums

Indicator Fly Line

Batman

Is there any advantage to using indicator fly line for ponds and lakes compared to ordinary floating line? Is there any advantage or is it just marketing? I'm hoping someone can tell me if it's worth trying, thanks.

If you want something a little more versatile, try rio in touch trout LT

excellent for nymph rigs--no real back casting. Just roll casts and single hand Spey casts. Yet casts drys nicely and delicately.

An indicator line might be a little more splashy and crude for fishing dries.

• Like 1

If you want something a little more versatile, try rio in touch trout LT

excellent for nymph rigs--no real back casting. Just roll casts and single hand Spey casts. Yet casts drys nicely and delicately.

An indicator line might be a little more splashy and crude for fishing dries.

Trout LT is just a variation on the triangle taper. There are others out there that'll do the same job too.

rio indicator line is nice to cast long leader with weight and bobber on lakes, and you don't need to over line them. I have 4 of them on different reels, one thing tho, the line is not made to last long. I pretty much have to replace one every year (depending on how often you use). The front orange part cracked up over time. I have seen more indicator lines in BC interior lakes than any other lines.

Thanks to all who replied. I am still not that experienced in fly fishing and do value all insight. It gets expensive in a hurry to invest in many different lines/spools per line weight. By using different insights, I hope to avoid any purchases that may not make much difference. I think I will give the indicator line a try. Thanks all.