Fly Fusion Forums

Hey guys,

Yesterday morning, I was fishing near the mouth of Fish Creek on the Bow River, just a little upstream. I was fighting a fish and got in too deep, panicked, and lost my footing. I got waterlogged and carried downstream a bit and in the process I lost both my fly boxes and a full season worth of flies. I'm grateful to be alive as the experience was really scary, especially since I couldn't really swim with waders full of water and a rod with a fish hooked. However, at the same time, it's major bummer having to replace all my flies. Both boxes were medium sized, clear, double sided Gaspe/MFC boxes. I saw one drifting and tried to chase it, but my waders were full of water and I was too exhausted to run after either of them. I suspect they likely drifted past the Stoney Trail bridge and are now somewhere downstream. If anyone happens to come across them, I would be forever grateful if they were returned. Thanks so much for your time guys.

Sam