Fly Fusion Forums

Looks Like Im Getting A Spey..

Guest bigbadbrent

Guest bigbadbrent

Hahaha, turns out i can get this rod i've been tossing for pretty cheap, so now im looking at getting a reel..any recommendations?

I've got about 250ish bucks to spend, maybe less, depending if i get the Scandi line tossed in

looks like im part of the club, haha

what happened too that snooze-axis adn taht fancy glassy beedy sharky line.....junk eh...

welcome dude...

pfleuger has some good stuff...but i couldnt find one in town...all bought out...wonder why..i got a lamson v4 and its great...looking around 300 tho for the reel.......cortland magnums are a good cheap spey reel for jstu over 100 bucks..disc drag etc.....im pickin up a few from a guy off another board and has one left for 75 bucks i think...i could get him too send ti up nextweek with mine if u wana dude....

Guest bigbadbrent

Im still getting the Z-axis, dont worry about it :P, just getitng an offer that is hard to not take for it.

I gotta talk to Tyson, see if he can swing me a deal on a reel, since he has like 16.

I've got a Greys GTX 4 on my 8/9wt, less than $200 (Wholesale Sports has them) comes with 4 spools. I have a Hardy Mach 2 Salmon 8wt on one spool, a 12wt shooting head on another and a Rio Windcutter w/tips on another, plenty of room for backing. Drag is okay, wouldn't want to have to stop a Spring with it but it was fine for Island Steel.

Colin

Guest bigbadbrent

So i've got myself a 13' 6" sage, Rio Scandi line with tip wallet and 4 tips...Still gotta figure out the reel im getting....pretty likely that it will be a Ross though

Sounds like the 7136 z-axis series which is a great rod for almost any fishing situation. A 13'6" is sometimes a little long for tight shorelines with heavy green to your back, but you most often can wade a few steps out to get away from the trees to make your casts. What weight and length is the Scandi Head?

Guest bigbadbrent

It's a custom scandi by tyson..wont tell me anything about it..

Not a z-axis though, bit older

Has an extra rod tip thats a bit shorter so its meatier for the sink tips....its just plain awesome