Fly Fusion Forums

Polarized Sunglasses

So I was able to pick up a pair of polarized sunglasses this past weekend at Wholesale Sports for $60. They're made by "Optic Nerve" and seem to work (turning my head at a certain angle makes my LCD screen disappear). I haven't had a chance to try them out on the river yet but I'll let you guys know how it goes as soon as I do.

They're actually "Carbon Polarized" sunglasses. I'm not sure what the difference is so hopefully they do the same thing!

You'll notice a difference - especially somewhere like Wedge pond - being able to cast to cruisers as you see them coming is what its all about...

Mine are prescription so I get used to not being able to read my sat radio, my GPS, basically anything with an LCD screen

So I was able to pick up a pair of polarized sunglasses this past weekend at Wholesale Sports for $60. They're made by "Optic Nerve" and seem to work (turning my head at a certain angle makes my LCD screen disappear).

Is that a valid excuse to do no work? :P

I have been using oakley polarized for the last 5 years and what a difference they make. Not only for fishing but everything. They are pricey 250 but go to the Ozone in market mall cause they sell replacement lenses as well.

I've had a pair of Maui Jims for a couple years now. They are very good at removing reflections. They even have a reasonable repair policy. I broke my frames, and wound up getting a complete new replacement pair for about half price. They are expensive, but I've been very happy I spent the money on them.

BKW

Well I bought the Maui Jims today for 1 bill. Took them down to the North Saskatchewan river to test the polarization compared to my el cheapo $10 Fishin Hole set. I put the el cheapo $10 Fishin Hole set on first and could see approximately 1 inch into the water. So then I put on the Maui Jims and man I was amazed! I could see at least an inch and a half into the water. I'm impressed!!! Well worth the hun!!

Well I bought the Maui Jims today for 1 bill. Took them down to the North Saskatchewan river to test the polarization compared to my el cheapo $10 Fishin Hole set. I put the el cheapo $10 Fishin Hole set on first and could see approximately 1 inch into the water. So then I put on the Maui Jims and man I was amazed! I could see at least an inch and a half into the water. I'm impressed!!! Well worth the hun!!

Boy, that sounds.. somewhat sarcastic! :P

By coincidence I just bought some Maui Jim's two days ago.

Wish I got the deal Weedy got.

Used them on the Bow in Murky conditions and had no problem spotting fish that my Fishing Partner couldn't see.

Used them today at K Lakes and Wow....

So far so good.

I think the Sunglasses Hut sells Maui Jim, at least that's where I tried some on. (the kiosk set up on the west side of market mall. My dad has some and likes them, he just got too dark of a lens. I get an amazing deal on Smiths from work, so I went with the polarized photochromic copper mirror lens and I love them. We're allowed a pair a season, so I'll definately be getting another pair next year.

i think mine were about $375 but there were other pairs that were $500. the ones i bought actually don't fit that well but i didn't want to buck up for the more pricey ones. i'd check on pearle vision as was suggested in case they have the great sale here in calgary too.

another good brand is Action Optics (although i think they may have been taken over by smith?) which is what i had b/f the maui jim's but lost them on the red deer one night. they're available at Troutfitters and run about $250 (and some a bit less too).