Fly Fusion Forums

Getting Ready For A Fishing Trip

reevesr1

Hey Rick,

That's a great story and timely and pretty much describes me to a tee, except I don't drink. We just got back from 6 days at Police and coming and going, my truck looks like 1) I am driving to Kathmandu to Everest Base Camp 13, 2) I am re-arming Ghengis Khan with war supplies or 3) the Beverly Hillbillies. I take too much stuff. And saying, "Well I least I am covered for rain, snow and pestilence." does not cut it because rarely can I actually find what I need at the moment.

As for flies, I am so proud of myself. I went through numerous fly boxes and assembled a Police Lake Day Box which contained every fly that I'd ever caught fish on in Police and a few extras. We fished parts of five days and not once did I have to rummage through any of the other boxes. The Day Box was great.

However, I am not sure if the analogy with Jackie's shoes is valid. She wants a new pair of shoes. You, on the other hand, need more fishing stuff. A man has to have what it takes to put meat on the table. No wait.... :P

Thanks again for the fun reads.

Clive

• Like 1

Hi Rickr

I am assuming you are heading up to the Kootenay's? Will be up there myself in the next couple weeks but doing the lake thing (Whitetail, Whiteswan). I am particularly interested in how you find the streams and access roads since the floods in the past couple years. Not sure how many roads that were washed out, are back on line, or if there is new access roads that replace the washed out ones. Please share what you can, not looking for any secret spots just a general feedback on your trip. I just hear that the mill in Canal Flats is shutting down for good, so you might see quite a few hunters and fishermen up there!

Nothing like the sound of elk bugling in the morning! Love camping!

All the best, tight lines, and enjoy your trip!

• Like 1

Hey Rick,

That's a great story and timely and pretty much describes me to a tee, except I don't drink. We just got back from 6 days at Police and coming and going, my truck looks like 1) I am driving to Kathmandu to Everest Base Camp 13, 2) I am re-arming Ghengis Khan with war supplies or 3) the Beverly Hillbillies. I take too much stuff. And saying, "Well I least I am covered for rain, snow and pestilence." does not cut it because rarely can I actually find what I need at the moment.

As for flies, I am so proud of myself. I went through numerous fly boxes and assembled a Police Lake Day Box which contained every fly that I'd ever caught fish on in Police and a few extras. We fished parts of five days and not once did I have to rummage through any of the other boxes. The Day Box was great.

However, I am not sure if the analogy with Jackie's shoes is valid. She wants a new pair of shoes. You, on the other hand, need more fishing stuff. A man has to have what it takes to put meat on the table. No wait.... :P

Thanks again for the fun reads.

Clive

I might have to steal a couple of those lines. I loved the Kathmandu to Everest Base Camp! I do have a BC cutty box. Use it 95% of the time. But when it's cool I have WAY too many pockets between waders, shirt, jacket, and vest. Total swear fest anytime I'm looking for dessicant, or my phone, or gps, or radio, or.....