Fly Fusion Forums

Rod Case

alhuger

All,

I stopped by Fish Tales today looking for a case for the TFO DC 12.6 I bought from them. As it turns out they have a Sage case which has a carry handle and storage for reels. I picked it up and it comfortably fits both my Sage 13.6 in addition to the DC plus 1 reel, 2 spares and a roll of tape. Good purchase thinks I although it was 95 (circa).

Nice...I'll have to take a look at it the next time that I stop in at FT's.

Fortuneately, I have storage which allows me to keep my 4 Spey rods fully assembled, ferrules taped, reels mounted, lined and ready to go on the car racks to transport them when fishing locally. It saves me a lot of time that I can spend on the water and I am more inclined on most days to bring two rods, one for nymphing and another for streamers with tips or in the summer I can set up one as a wet line swing rod and the other as a dry line swing rod.

Now I need a good rod rack to stand the rods in for safe storage, when not in use. I have not been able to find one yet, so I may have to get Glenbow to build me one...I better make it expandable to hold a dozen rods...gotta think ahead.

Hey Toolman,

Good to see your still getting out fishing, the Spey is finished for the season now, but i,ve been out Troot fishin and trying a couple of short spey rods ,(Bow Style).

Here is a link to the rod carriers that you have, www.vac-rac.com .

I will be over in January i hope , so any members of the forum that wants a set can get them from me duty and shipping free, as they will be in the suitcase.

Hope we can meet up in January Toolman, i was told it's nice ,sunny and warm in Calgary in January. :lol:

Thanks

Gordon.

Nice...I'll have to take a look at it the next time that I stop in at FT's.

Fortuneately, I have storage which allows me to keep my 4 Spey rods fully assembled, ferrules taped, reels mounted, lined and ready to go on the car racks to transport them when fishing locally. It saves me a lot of time that I can spend on the water and I am more inclined on most days to bring two rods, one for nymphing and another for streamers with tips or in the summer I can set up one as a wet line swing rod and the other as a dry line swing rod.

Now I need a good rod rack to stand the rods in for safe storage, when not in use. I have not been able to find one yet, so I may have to get Glenbow to build me one...I better make it expandable to hold a dozen rods...gotta think ahead.

Those rod holders looks like a great idea but they would not fare well where I usually fish, my rods would be snapped to *hit from tree overhangs or gravel. I think they would rock for the bow though, if you still love them next season I may take the risk.

-al