Fly Fusion Forums

Fly In Pike Adventure

I'm going to start off this thread with a total downer story:

Over Christmas this past year my dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's. While the initial prognosis is really positive, there is a lot of uncertainty about how the disease will progress and what his physical capacity will be in the coming years. My dad just turned 51, so he is still looking forward to an active lifestyle well into his 60s.

One of my dad's dreams was to go on a fly in pike trip with his boys. I was out at his place over Easter and there seemed to be a greater sense of urgency to get moving on a trip.

I was hoping for some suggestions on a fly in destination in northern Alberta or norther Saskatchewan. We are looking for something fully or partially guided with accommodations and food included. Our party would be as few as 3 and as many as 6.

If you would prefer to keep your secret destination quieter, feel free to DM me.

Back in February, I was at the Calgary and there were several lodges from northern Saskatchewan with booths set up. I grabbed an info package from one of them called Thompson's Camps of Otter Lake. The pamphlet I grabbed has several different options with prices. If your interested, send me a PM and drop by the house. I live in Canyon Meadows so it's pretty close to you.

Murray

Look into Camp grayling in Saskatchewan Excellent in every way and great variety of fishing, easy to get to and reasonably priced. Very good value for money

I was about to suggest the same thing. If you want a break from the pike, you can hunt trophy grayling.