Fly Fusion Forums

Summer Trip

acct421

Here's a few from earlier this year. Magical place with some great fishing. I found a bunch of bugs that looked like my micro-leeches and I was getting fish on almost every cast. All of them big too. The only riser I saw went for my indicator.

What amazing scenery!

IMG_0988_zps738c0a5f.jpg

IMG_0992_zps00b3ba08.jpg

IMG_1067_zps7b899831.jpg

IMG_1028_zpsf3829b93.jpg

IMG_1047_zps302a0a24.jpg

IMG_1029_zps5139f277.jpg

IMG_1002_zps86327bca.jpg

IMG_1007_zpsa0277bd5.jpg

• Like 5

^^^

From what I hear, you were supposedly sharing the valley with a lot of grizzlies too, but we never ended up seeing one.

Hike in was about 15 kms to the campsite, 16.5 ish to the fishing spot. Campsite is about 1.2 km away from the lake, there is a further 300-400 meters (bushwhacking) to get to a suitable fishing spot. Realistically there are only a few suitable spots due to the trail and tree coverage (sometimes wind too). The other spots are about 5-6 kms from the campsite and there is bushwhacking involved again. Also you'll need to wade in to get some casting room, and bare-footing was really cold.

Those were the first 2 fish I caught, stopped taking pictures thereafter, but there were some significantly bigger ones. Its actually quite amazing the size of fish this lake supports.

Do note that it is a NP, so no fires at the campsite and C&R.