Fly Fusion Forums

Magnum Magic Tool

Rick

Are any of you using one of these? I haven't but I'm always open to a new idea. I saw it referenced at the end of Phil Rowley's leech article. Searched the web and found some video of someone using it for tying with CDC. Looked pretty effective for that. Thanks, Rick.

Sorry to all. I reposted this in the tying section which is where I thought I was in the first place.

Hi, I've seen this used at Wholesale sports. two guys were farting around with them, to me it looked easy.. Some pro fisher guy standing besides me said oh crap.. that no damn good!!! So i never got one I don't know.. I've seen other shows with someone using them the turn out looks good... I'm going to learn the old fashion way..

I have used one and it works ok but it doesn't do anything that I can't do on my Nor. I find it to be a pretty pricey piece of plastic. If your into gadgets I would say this might be one of the more useful ones depending on what you want to do with it.

I use for mixing feathers and dubbing into dubbing loops. It's great for taking 2 different coloured feathers and effectivly combining them into one. If you seen Marc tying at the show last year, you would have seen it being used in several different ways. I use it to remove the skin from rabbit zonkers as well to slim down some of my leech patterns. It's a good tool IMHO, but it's not something for everyone.