Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing And Camping

Our family like to camp and my 10 years old son and myself we like to fish. Last year we camped in BC at Champion lakes. The fishing in those lakes sucked but beaver creek at the bottom of the hill was fun and we caught some nice fish. This year we are looking for a different place. We did the whiteswan lake the year before. I am looking for suggestions. We have a 26 ft trailer so back country camping is not an option. We are open to about 8 hour travel around Calgary.

Lots of lakes between Golden and Radium. Camp at either end and do day commutes. Best if you have a boat or canoe. Also some great stream fishing up there as well. If it is for summer July and August, lakes will need to be higher altitude.

Also good stream fishing and camping through-out the Crowsnest pass.

• Like 1

If I could post a link here I would....anyways..... go to rockymountaincamping.ca....they run all the campgrounds in the Crowsnest Pass area. Most of the campgrounds don't have hookups but there's some great mountain stream fishing in the area. I'm there camping 75 days a season.