Fly Fusion Forums

Looking To Get Out For Some Pike This Spring!

Ive never walked and or waded for pike and dont have a boat anymore so I see no other choice. Is it worth it and do you have any ideas on places that are better than others for fishing from shore or wading?

Mostof the pothole lakes are great for wade pike fishing along with larger lakes like McGreger, Badger and Gull. Lots to choose from just look for areas that have either drop offs or structure. Early season will see a lot of big fish in the shallows. Although a boat, tube etc. makes it nice for mobility, I've had a lot of fun just wading lakes and casting.

My favorite Southern Alberta lake for pike is Keho Lake. Keho is super accessible with a road that goes all the way around the lake. You can fish easily from shore on the north or south banks as well as the channels on the east and west ends of the lake. The monster pike should be in the shallows in the Spring if you can avoid the wind. Alberta record was pulled out of Keho, something like 36lbs.

• Like 1