Fly Fusion Forums

Luongo Just Got Traded

I think it is good for Luongo, terrible for the canucks. Luongo will make the Canucks pay for the way they treated him. As a Canucks fan, I found it terrible how they've treated him over the last couple seasons... He handled himself well, but I think the Heritage Classic was his last straw, no matter what he said in the press conference... he didn't seem all that surprised or upset about it.... Happy Wife is a Happy Life - Luongo is back home with his wife and kids now!

Mike Gillis will probably be moved to unemployment following the deadline, and the canucks not making the playoffs...

Now I know how flames fans feel :)

Golf anyone?

You lost me at "as a Canucks fan" lol!!!!!! IMO I didn't think he handled himself that well there, he whined early and often. Anyways if I were him i would way rather be in Florida, its warm there, he's at the end of his career...

Seriously? You think it was a good trade for the Canucks? Let's take the overall view on this; so the Canucks, at one point essentially has TWO #1 goalies. And what did they receive for this embarrassment of riches in net, combined?

They got, Bo Horvat, Jacob Markstrom, and Shawn Mattias.

Ouch. Number 1 goalies are hard to come by, and all the Canucks got were 2 prospects and a 3rd line centre.

Ouch indeed.

The handling of the goalie situation in Vancouver was bungled so badly, it could set the Canucks back years. Now, of course, the prospects could turn out very well, mitigating the damage. But...just wow. Alot of gambling there for 2 prospects.

Smitty

Roberto is thrilled, he is going home....no more frantic 8 hour one way flights to see his family twice a month during the season. He can round out his career and also be in his happy place.

He gets to share the dressing room with Tim Thomas...they can talk about those heady days of 2011!

Anyway, it's good for Roberto.......Canucks?.....only time will tell.