Fly Fusion Forums

Premier's Speech

Ed threw out lots of comments about how has grand plans to improve the "mess" he inherited. What did you like and what would like to have heard?

It's always a good dea to remind people of what you've done right so far and he did with tally infrastructure and community funds.

I'd like to see some real emphasis on education investment. It's no secret Ralph was not a fan of education and that's the area that suffered most under his watch. The schools are falling apart, custodial staff levels are at 20% of what they used to be, teachers don't have enough support staff, and they often pay for resources from their own pockets. The kids are the real future for us and we need to invest in them.

I thought most of the speech was grand but vague politicking. There was little factual content.

I second the education comment!!! I wonder if making it easier financially for people to attend trade schools, University etc. would increase the employable/skilled population down the road? There was talk a couple of years ago of dropping the tuition rates for the first two years or however many it took and then giving the final year free which to me, made sense, then the idea sort of disappeared.

good topic castus! instead of complaining about various things we can talk about where we'd like money invested.

i'd vote for investing in education and investing in industries for the post-oil era which will eventually come. once all the oil is gone, it would be nice if people still lived here instead of migrating to the next big boom. hopefully Alberta won't be a province littered with ghost towns from the north to the south.

I think the province should funnel some more money into education. I know a few kids in the Calgary school system and there are really high class sizes and low recourses.

Better health care, national parks and sustainable industry development would also be good.