Fly Fusion Forums

New Gas Stove Needed

Need to replace our stove. Had a ceran top and hated it. Top broke on the weekend and repair sounds exorbitant and pi$$y with tough modifications for different top thickness, sooooooo time to shop.
Both of us grew up with gas stoves and are looking at this for our replacement.
Looking for pros, cons, recommendations.
Gas top w/ gas oven or electric oven? Makes and models both good and to avoid?
Don't want to spend a ton.

my wife and i upgraded to a kitched aid gas range a little over a year ago. We had one before that we loved, which was dual fuel (gas range, electric oven) that we loved in our last house. When we moved we had an electric in the new place, that was about a million years old. When it finally died, we replaced with gas. I love it. Best thing about it is that when you start to over heat and turn in down, it cools IMMEDIATELY, not gradually. It does take longer to boil water, or heat up, but its a very minor difference, in my opinion. The electric burners do get hotter than gas, but I can't remember a time that I have needed to have that much heat while cooking. Gas is much easier to adjust and you can maintain a boil on low for even cooking.

The oven being gas, I can't say I really notice much of a difference from the electric version we had in our old place. They are both convection, which I would recommend, so they both cook equally as well.

If given a choice, I would go gas every time.