Fly Fusion Forums

The Way It Is

Well without all the cow *hit, and the bullshit coming from Cowboys, Southern Alberta might be bearable too.

And sorry Don, the people in the offices are the reason the guys that decided not to go to school are able to freeze and sweat and make more money than the people down in said offices. When it comes down to it, one can't exist without the other.

For the record, I've worked my ass off on a farm shovelling grain and picking rocks, delivered furniture full-time, I've shoveled/hauled yards of gravel and sand, carried tons of patio brick and retaining wall block and broken up concrete with a sledgehammer for days. Maybe I'm the exception and not the rule, but I've sweat my fair share and have also spent countless hours studying and thousands of dollars to allow me to be home every night with my family. I appreciate the sacrifices that these men and women make, but they've made choices to get themselves there and there are not many jobs in the world where you can make $100K+ without a high school diploma.

Two days ago the wind was about 25k and it was -25C and I saw some guys setting up a service rig. The pump jack was already off. When we came back 8 hours later, they were done and were rigging out.

Those folks deserve our admiration and thanks. When it's ugly out there, the work continues.

Frankly I have no idea what they get paid. It may very well be $100k/yr.

Are they worth it - kinda depends on how bad you want to stay warm.

And those guys was what the " Poster" is all about.

What people in cities fail to realize is everything is delivered to them - food, fuel and electricity. W/O the people who live in the country, most cities would be eating their young in a week.

And we got it good out here. For the third time this winter the town staff has removed the snow from the residential side street where I live. They even plowed the alley 2 days ago. Life is good!

Keep warm,

Don