Fly Fusion Forums

Rotary Hackle Pliers

Flytyer

I was wondering if anyone has had to replace the rubber gripper that comes on a rotary hackle plier? Mine has gotten to the point where it has developed a shiny spot that no longer grips a hackle any longer. I have worked out the shiny spot previously with fine sand paper and have reversed the rubber as well ( yes I use them alot). Where would one find these replacement rubber grippers or what could be used as a reliable substitute?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I was wondering if anyone has had to replace the rubber gripper that comes on a rotary hackle plier? Mine has gotten to the point where it has developed a shiny spot that no longer grips a hackle any longer. I have worked out the shiny spot previously with fine sand paper and have reversed the rubber as well ( yes I use them alot). Where would one find these replacement rubber grippers or what could be used as a reliable substitute?

Thanks in advance for any info.

I used shrink wrap tubing last time around a few years ago. It seemed to work fine. I got the tubing at a hobby shop.

Same thing here, I just slipped on some heatshrink tubing. been using them for a year since I replaced the original rubber.

Another thing that you can do is just pass a piece of fine emery cloth over the shiny spots.