Fly Fusion Forums

Alaskanbou Style

albannachxcuileag

Now if that isn't a picture of subtlety I do not know what is. Nice job...is the heather coloured marabou sold under that colour name?

Writer1,

I have no idea what colour or shade it is marketed under as I bought it from a dress making accessory shop where I get a lot of stuff that fly tying suppliers don't have. They have 20 shades of marabou, stuff like 1mm pearl mylar, Kreinik thread, seed beads, flat coloured metallic wire, ostrich herl and loads of nifty little tools that can all be adapted to fly tying, the best being the snag needle which is excellent for tying knots in pheasant tail fibres to form daddy and hopper legs - this is a miniature latch hook that has loads of uses for fly tyers.

H248.JPG

I should have added some crystal hair to enhance the subtlety of the fly! :lol:

Knotlikely,

I have just had a look at the SBS - he palmers from the eye back, I palmered from the bend up as I had no idea how it was made, luckily the marabou I was using has really flexible stems. The hook I used was a Kamasan size 8 B830 - the biggest I own, a miniature compared to those in the original tying.