Fly Fusion Forums

Materials Online

lamponius

Hi guys!

i ve been lonnking in this forum but I didn t find anytihing I wanted (either with google).

So i m asking for your help.

Do you know a good shop online to order some basic material? Or your advice is to buy in a "real" shop like "fish tales" or wholesale sports?

Thank you for any advice or help and have a nice winter tying a lot of patters !! ;)

In my opinion it is usually best to go local if service/price and availability are all fair. For beginners I think this is extra important because at a local shop you can ask for advice and you get to see/touch what you are buying. That being said I also would reccommend Thorne's Manufacturing out of Ft. MacMurray who also carry localy raised genetic hackle from Howards' Hackle in Didsbury if you really need to go outside of the local shops.

My rule of thumb most of time time is I want it in my hand to inspect it's quality before I buy materials. As most of you know materials are getting pricey. A picture is not worth a thousand words as the saying in alot of cases with online stores.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

i ve been lonnking in this forum but I didn t find anytihing I wanted (either with google).

So i m asking for your help.

Do you know a good shop online to order some basic material? Or your advice is to buy in a "real" shop like "fish tales" or wholesale sports?

Thank you for any advice or help and have a nice winter tying a lot of patters !! ;)

For straight forward tying stuff go to one of the local fly shops. I only mail order specialty materials that I can't get locally. First of all you spend you money and keep the local shops in business. Second and more important you get to SEE the materials before buying. You can pick through and select the exact color and texture of tying materials you want.