Fly Fusion Forums

Islander Reel Repair.

I'm hoping someone could help me out, I purchased an IR4 in 2009 and it hasn't aged well. I've only used it for light duty dry fly fishing and not for many days, it needs new clickers and a new hardwood handle. I see several businesses listed on their website for reel repairs and I wonder if any of you had a favorite reel repair place? Thanks.

I'm hoping someone could help me out, I purchased an IR4 in 2009 and it hasn't aged well. I've only used it for light duty dry fly fishing and not for many days, it needs new clickers and a new hardwood handle. I see several businesses listed on their website for reel repairs and I wonder if any of you had a favorite reel repair place? Thanks.

Maybe get a hold of Peter Morrison who is the islander rep for Canada . His outfit is called leader sales out of abbots ford bc.

If the reel has premature wear then I'm sure he would want to know about it.

Dave

I phoned Islander about a clicker problem which was actually my fault and they sent me the parts I needed without having to send them the reel.

I would contact them directly and heed their advice.

I phoned Islander about a clicker problem which was actually my fault and they sent me the parts I needed without having to send them the reel.

I would contact them directly and heed their advice.

I had almost the exact same experience. I unknowingly left her full of livingstone sand before a big fish made her sing.... though the one time she didn't sing! It was an awful sound and the death of both clickers... and Islander sent me new ones no questions asked.