Fly Fusion Forums

Rod Stuck Together...wth

ham

So I feel like a slight idiot here...I have a 4 piece tfo but after fishing the other night I found the two end pieces out the four to be stuck together. They wont seperate, its realy odd its not like they are pushed together too far, they just wont budge. So anyone have a suggestion to try to get them apart? I havent realy messed around with it too much but some input would be great. Thanks.

Guest bigbadbrent
Caution: Do not use the oil from the side of your nose to lubricate metal ferrules! Body oil is not a suitable lubricant for fine quality ferrules. It can be corrosive to some metals and it almost always contains dirt from the skin, which can cause premature wear on the ferrules.

use paraffin wax

Mine's still stuck together, its in there good like the sword in the stone! I tried everything and even tried using wire cutters up against the ferrules and tapping with a hammer, after a liitl.e scrapping I decided that its hopeless and if I want to get it unstuck and back to a four piece I'm just going to have to head to springbrook

So I feel like a slight idiot here...I have a 4 piece tfo but after fishing the other night I found the two end pieces out the four to be stuck together. They wont seperate, its realy odd its not like they are pushed together too far, they just wont budge. So anyone have a suggestion to try to get them apart? I havent realy messed around with it too much but some input would be great. Thanks.

Hi, I do this method, My arms are not very strong getting my rod apart, but this way works everytime for me...

Squat down a little bit, put your rod behind your knees squat down a little more, balance your rod behind your knees, make sure the joined section of your rod is in the middle of your legs if you are squating down enough your legs can help your arms pulling your rod apart., have fun.

Mine's still stuck together, its in there good like the sword in the stone! I tried everything and even tried using wire cutters up against the ferrules and tapping with a hammer, after a liitl.e scrapping I decided that its hopeless and if I want to get it unstuck and back to a four piece I'm just going to have to head to springbrook

where's arthur when you need him