Fly Fusion Forums

Reddington Torrent

Just recently returned the original cheapo rod i had purchased from Basspro and ended up with the Reddington Torrent 6wt 4 piece with a surge reel with rio gold 6wt line( still not the top of the line or anything but got what i could in my price range) . I have only played around a little with it so far not actually casting into water but feels soo much better than the orignal one i purchased. Does anyone else use this setup or even the rod?

My first entry level rod was a Reddington although I forgot the actual model. It was a 6 wt two piece and very great to get started.

I am still using 6 wt rio gold wf line but on a different rod and reel setup. If you are just new to fishing I think you have a entry level rig to get out there and catch some fish and enjoy nature.

• Like 1

jfid, rods are really a personal thing. What one rod feels to one guy, will feel vastly different to another. If you like how it feels, then go for it. As you get out more often and get into some fish, you'll start to know what you do and don't like about rods. Remember, you are just starting out and a 6wt 9'0" rod is a great starter rod for the majority of the fishing you'll be doing on the bow. You'll have plenty of time to get addicted and fill your closet with several rods of different lengths, weights, and actions.

Oh, and nice meeting you yesterday, neighbour.....

• Like 1