Fly Fusion Forums

New To Calgary

I had the korkers lace system explode on a warm day after driving 200km to the middle of no where. There is no way to replace it out in the sticks... I used an old lace and some duct tape to make it through the day (red green woulda been proud of me)

and I had them freeze several times from winter fishing... the solution was to turn on the car and melt the ice off by the exhuast pipe, but it happened frequently.

I have actually gone back to laces, but my BOOT brand is still korkers :)

Saw a pair a Simms at BPS for $ 139 yesterday. buy those and the freestones for $160 and you've stayed on budget

Are those waders worth buying or should I spend a few more sheckles and get the next level up. I still have to get boot as well

Guest Wrecker

Call me old fashioned but I prefer a good chest high neoprene wader. Warm and easy to DIY repair if need be.

sims are ok if you are into labels and riverside fashion shows.

Guest Grinr

Good 5mm Neos are great for winter fishn,duck huntn...staying warm in general,but they'll sweat yer balls off in summer,esp.if you do any amount of hiking/walk & wades.I don't GaF about fashion or labels,I like to be comfortable,and that means either good quality,lightweight breathables that fit good and don't cause crippling chafing inside thighs,or wet wading with shorts and sneaks or sandals.

I will admit though,I find it somewhat rediculous when I see guys wearing $1500 worth of boots/waders/wading jacket that never get wet past their ankles when $30 gum boots or hip waders at most would be overkill.