Fly Fusion Forums

Western Canadian Fly Fishing Exposition: January 25 - 27, 2013

Hey FFC - Don't miss the 2013 Western Canadian Fly Fishing Exposition at the Spruce Meadows Equiplex from January 25 - 27, 2013!!!

www.flyfishingevents.com

You won't want to miss meeting and taking in presentations by some of the sports top celebrities including Gary Borger, Chico Fernandez, Rick Hafele, Jim McLennan, Rick Whorwood and April Vokey just to name a few.

For those of you with kids be sure to bring them down to the expo to check out "Discovery Island" a brand new area within the show designed just for kids where they can participate in casting lessons, face painting, building crafts, fish ID puzzles, virtual fishing games, tying their very own Woolly Bugger and much more. All designed to get them excited about fly fishing and the outdoors.

PLUS meet up with your favourite exhibitors as well as a number of new exhibitors and take in the the opportunity to check out all of the new fly fishing equipment coming your way for 2013!!!

AND the International Fly Fishing Film Festival will be returning to Calgary in association with the Western Canadian Fly Fishing Exposition on January 24th. Be sure to get your tickets for this early as the festival is likely to sell out again this year! Click here for Calgary screening details.

Click here if the movie does not play.

We look forward to seeing you January 25 - 27, 2013 at the Spruce Meadows Equiplex for this can't miss Western Canadian Fly Fishing Exposition! In the meantime check out the official show website and Facebook page!

Happy New Year!!!

Tons of new things to look at and a great line-up of presenters who are coming equipped with new presentations and workshops. If you've got kids you really are going to want to bring them down this year to introduce them to the new kids section.

Definitely not the year to stay at home! See you down at the show.

Best!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its Show Time!!!

Don't miss the 11th annual Western Canadian Fly Fishing Exposition this coming weekend at Spruce Meadows (January 25th - 27th). Loads of exhibitors and tons of new entertainment.Be one of the first 500 people through the doors on Friday and get your hands on a FREE gift from Fly Fusion Magazine valued at $30!!

Click here if the movie does not play.

pretty good show, way better layout then last year. not alot, alot of new things to see besides the presenters and the seminars. overall a pretty good show 8/10 from me! good to put names to faces. +1 for Chico, +1 for jim, +10 for fly fusion, the best fly fishing mag bar none! Cheers

Great show all around, I haven't been since it moved to the new venue. There were a couple things that shocked me, the magazine that fly fusion handed out was 2 years old! And that none of the pontoon or raft companies other than Scadden and Watermaster were there! I was sure that last time I went there was lots of pontoons on display.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

last year had way more from what i heard. Myst be the price of the booth that kept them all away. As for the magazine its what people do with back issues, we put out Bentley magazines that are form last winter just to get them out of the store and make people feel special that they got something for free.

I enjoyed the show.

I got to test a few of those crazy expensive rods.

Now I need to convince the missus why I need one!

Just wondering if people bought any rods at the show, and if they were offered any really good discounts?

Also, does anyone know of some of the bigger fly fishing expo's that are either in Canada or US.

Just wondering if people bought any rods at the show, and if they were offered any really good discounts?

Also, does anyone know of some of the bigger fly fishing expo's that are either in Canada or US.

I did not buy any, but I know that a couple of the sellers were offering 20%-30% off some rods, so pretty decent discount.

The New Jersey show http://flyfishingshow.com/Somerset__NJ.html is supposed to be the biggest, but it runs the same dates as ours....a reasonable consolation if you happen to be stuck out east at the end of January, I suppose. ;)

• Like 1

I enjoyed the show.

I got to test a few of those crazy expensive rods.

Now I need to convince the missus why I need one!

I got a TFO outfit from vemo per $169, line and backing included. not bad at all and even i got a 10%off coupon code to use....now is time to let my wife know i need new waders............................

• Like 1

I had a great time, went all 3 days. I wish I could have bought a weekend pass! I was happy to get free back issues of FF on each day. Was great to watch the casting demos by Jim, Gary Borger, etc. Talked to all the vendors and also met great folks from the H&H Club, FFC. Fly Tying? Seemed every 2nd or 3rd booth had a vice set up and a capable tyer sitting behind it, willing to share skills, and advise. Sat in on some of the seminars too.

It was a great show and I made the most of it.