Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone See The "symbicort" Commercial On Us Tv?

ÜberFly

It features an older gentleman talking about his COPD and how it has restricted ( no pun intended) him fishing with his grandson. Notice the type of rods they are using!! Spinning rods with fly reels on them!! LoL!

Can't the advertising people consult the appropriate "professionals"?! This the 2nd or 3rd ad that features a fly angler that isn't close to being accurate. I've noticed similar screw ups with any ads that feature rock climbing or mountaineering!

Yeah - like that Go-RVing commercial where the grandpa is tying an adult stonefly pattern when clearly it is caddisfly hatching conditions outside - the nerve, and I thought advertising executives were stand-up guys ! LMFAO

I dunno Peter - they consulted alot of climbing experts when making such gems as K2, Cliffhanger and Vertical Limit - not convinced things would get any better !!!

I was inspired to become a climber from watching the "Eiger Sanction" as a kid - I was led to believe that training for a big climb consisted of chasing your buddies 20 year old topless daughter up a mountain and when you get to the top you get to have sex with her - LIES LIES LIES - this never happened to me once - don't even get me started on Clint Eastwood making me think it was OK to go jogging in the desert wearing jeans !

Can't the advertising people consult the appropriate "professionals"?! This the 2nd or 3rd ad that features a fly angler that isn't close to being accurate. I've noticed similar screw ups with any ads that feature rock climbing or mountaineering!

In advertising the ads are targeted to a general audience, most of the targeted audiences don't know or likely care about the the accuracy of the ad. Besides the cheaper it can be done the better. Most ads are assembled from stock from agencies anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wrecker

It features an older gentleman talking about his COPD and how it has restricted ( no pun intended) him fishing with his grandson. Notice the type of rods they are using!! Spinning rods with fly reels on them!! LoL!

you should write a letter and complain. lol~!