Fly Fusion Forums

Last Chance To Change Random Camping / Ohv Rules Around Rivers

This is your chance to comment on how you want public lands in the Bow and Oldman to be managed!

With DFO being done with the habitat protection (no more DFO review of projects and protection of habitat in 2013 and NO OTHER REGULATORS FILLING THE GAP), there is a soon to be large and apparent problem.

https://landuse.albe...sultations.aspx

Public Consultation in Calgary is:

Tuesday, Nov 13

Radisson Hotel, Calgary Airport

2120 - 16th Ave NE

4PM-8PM

Other users are making planned efforts to coordinate a response- I think anglers should be aware of this and also make sure their two-bits are heard!

Now, I like being able to drive to my fishing spots and I wish that the Alberta government would set up dedicated scenic routes with dedicated camping spots along rivers like they have in Montana. But I also would love to see large areas with no motorized access so I don't always have to be hearing the growl of engines, smelling oil and exhaust, and constantly moving off the trail to get out of the way of a fast motorbike.

I also think that random camping in its current form should be abolished. We don't have enough resources to manage it, so it should either be limited or there should be an annual user fee to pay for use (just like hunting and fishing). $100 a year is a cheap price to pay for a vehicle or RV overnight pass. I would love to drive, walk or fish through a meadow without having to pickup garbage, move through a dozen RVs, listen to generators, stereos, or TVs, and or encounter ATVs being washed in stream- all a normal occurrence now in the upper Oldman.

Fill out the workbook and mail it in or go to the consultation meetings!

This does affect you!

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this, I wish I could attend the meeting, but I will definitely be filling out the workbook. I think everyone who is able to attend should be present, perhaps a bunch of FFC members should meet up and attend together as an organized group.

• Like 1

An open Invitation:

To all those who have opinions on anything relating to the future of this province and the land use actives and changes occurring in your favorite fishing spot : THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A STATEMENT TO REPRESENT YOUR THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS ON HOW THESE AREAS WILL BE PROTECTED OR NOT IN THE FURTURE!!!!

Have a problem with random camping … for 6 months straight?

Have issues with that guy quadding down the creek while you are fishing your favorite pool?

Have concerns with the cows wading across the river while you are casting to that shy fish?

Have a concern with the provinces plans are for forestry in your favorite bull trout spawning stream?

Have a thought about additional campgrounds around the province?

Concerned with roads being punched into the slack country?

Wondering what the provinces stance is on cultivation and farming actions eroding the riparian areas?

Have an area of the province you love and think she be provided some special protection?

Thoughts on how the province compensates private land owners for preserving natural resources?

The survey is long, but you can start and revisit the document multiple times. It took me a few hours to complete but I care about these resources, have opinions and thought it was a great use of my time.

I encourage you to at least take a look at it and make an attempt.

Thank you.

Filled out a workbook, took a couple of hours. They are available to be filled out online until December 21. A very good use of time, especially given the recent weather. There is also the option to just fill in the part of the workbook that interests you, would take 10-20 minutes.