Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Sunglasses

ACT

I have lost the fishing glasses that i've owned for about 15 years. Probably the ugliest glasses one has ever seen but they had magnification below the lenses and as I'm approaching senior citizen status its become a pain to remove my sunglasses and put on my reading glasses every time I want to switch up flies. Anyone out there know where they might sell the sunglasses with good magnification?? Thanks.

I can't use my prescription glasses or sunglasses in polarized mode because the polarization interferes with screens I must look at whilst at the controls of aircraft. My solution is to use my regular prescription glasses (bi-focal) with those overglassess which are polarized. I use them for fishing and I use them whilst riding my motorbike as well. They are quite effective, though they may look a little larger than some glassess. Perhaps not the height of fashion, but very effective and convenient. Not too expensive either. I bought "Cocoon" brand - the Pilot model and I have to say I like them a lot. I recently looked for another pair at Wholesale Sports in YYC but they only had a small size left. Good luck.

;mornCoffee:

I can't use my prescription glasses or sunglasses in polarized mode because the polarization interferes with screens I must look at whilst at the controls of aircraft. My solution is to use my regular prescription glasses (bi-focal) with those overglassess which are polarized. I use them for fishing and I use them whilst riding my motorbike as well. They are quite effective, though they may look a little larger than some glassess. Perhaps not the height of fashion, but very effective and convenient. Not too expensive either. I bought "Cocoon" brand - the Pilot model and I have to say I like them a lot. I recently looked for another pair at Wholesale Sports in YYC but they only had a small size left. Good luck.

;mornCoffee:

I saw these Cocoon 'over glasses' sunglasses at Mountain Equipment Co-Op yesterday. They have almost a full rack in stock with different styles. Quite an interesting and quality product, and they really don't look that much bigger than regular sunglasses. The pair I was looking as has internal adjustments so you can make them fit quite snugly over your existing perscription glasses. Neat idea and well made!

Not sure if you have good vision care benefits, but downtown vision care has always been great for my prescription sunglasses orders. Over the years I've purchased numerous pairs from them and have always been satisfied.

My fave for fishing though have always been the oakleys. They make your prescription polars in their factory and then shop them to you're doc.. They are the clearest lenses I've ever owned!!

Don't get me going on the prescription eyeglass rip off in Canada, it's brutal.

There was a lens sale at Lenscrafters,,,50% off , so i inquired about the Oakleys and they were not included in the sale,, along with Maui Jims. I recently purchased 2 pairs of eyeglasses with progressive lenses from $39 glasses.com, A pair for me and a pair for a homeless guy, $100-$120/pr. They also sell prescription sunglasses with various lenses and polarized coatings. I haven't seen any reviews on these so far so I can't vouch for them, but I am pleased with my eyeglasses, especially for 1/4 the price.

http://www.39dollarglasses.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the input...finally went with the Streamside glasses at Wholesale sports. For 21.99 it wont hurt so much if I lose these too. +1.5 was the highest magnification they had but I think that will work just fine. A lot nicer looking than my old ones.