Fly Fusion Forums

Wader Repair

Teck71

So I hit the Little Red Deer River on Saturday, had a great day but for the fact that I popped a hole in the Arse of my new Bare Neoprenes, now I need suggestions on the best way to patch the hole?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Teck

Guest bigbadbrent

duct-tape one side, aquaseal other, let it seal. Take duct tape off, aquaseal that side, let it set..you're good..for a while anyway

Guest bigbadbrent

i have a nice hole in my neoprene boots of my waders, and dont have any aquaseal, and i just duct-taped it on the outside, and i've stayed completely dry for the last 3 times i've used it

Get some of that wader repair tape the fishin shops sell, tape one side, fill the tear on da other side with aquaseal, slap some more tape over that, slather some more aquaseal along the edges of the tape on both side and let'er set up. Ohlaa.....no more wet nuts...looks like hell though but who gives a damn.

400+ days in a pair of Wardell breathables and savin my pennies for some G4s

I used contact cement and a tire patch, works like a charm. I tried duct tape the same day I found the leak, but the tape came off which made me feel guilty cause its one more piece of garbage now. I used the cement from the same kit the patch came with. You can get them (tire/tube repair kit) at Canadian tire or probably walmart for less then $10. No need to use a large patch either, just let it cure overnight and take a felt pen if the patch isnt the same color if you care enough.

My waders are PVC, but if their rubber of any kind it should still work.