Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Cabin Rentals

zed

anyone know of any cabin rentals on the bow river below calgary? there are cabins downstream from the north bow lodge. anyone know if they are still for rent? thanks.

The land is run by the Philips and it is called Bow River Resort . the phone number was 403 901-2153 . Hope this helps

I stayed there quite a few years ago. It went t's up the year after. The guy I talked to who owned it, also had a big house overlooking the cabins at the top overlooking the cabins. The road down was quite steep but once down there, it was a very nice spot. It looked promising, but i think he had a hard time with getting the place insured as it was on the flood plain ( i think). I have tried in the past, several times to call them but your right the number is out of service. I past it in the boat last weekend and it looks like someone is working down there, not sure what is happening though. The cabins were very nice when we did stay there. Nice pine beds, very rustic but gorgeous inside and very warm and cozy. Had a small wood stove but if i remember right, they did not have any electricity in the cabins.

Might be worth a drive to speak to the guy who owns the house at the top of the hill, and see what is happening. Might do that myself i get a chance this weekend. Will let you know if i find anything out. It would be nice to see it available again, I liked it.

Have also stayed at the Bow River Resort and was impressed with great food and service! Wouldnt hesitate to stay there again either.

Hope this helps.

:cheers:

cgyguy

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

are we are all talking about the white house just up from Police? it is owned by Hansons outfitters, all you have to do i call and ask to rent it.

I stayed there quite a few years ago. It went t's up the year after. The guy I talked to who owned it, also had a big house overlooking the cabins at the top overlooking the cabins. The road down was quite steep but once down there, it was a very nice spot. It looked promising, but i think he had a hard time with getting the place insured as it was on the flood plain ( i think). I have tried in the past, several times to call them but your right the number is out of service. I past it in the boat last weekend and it looks like someone is working down there, not sure what is happening though. The cabins were very nice when we did stay there. Nice pine beds, very rustic but gorgeous inside and very warm and cozy. Had a small wood stove but if i remember right, they did not have any electricity in the cabins.

Might be worth a drive to speak to the guy who owns the house at the top of the hill, and see what is happening. Might do that myself i get a chance this weekend. Will let you know if i find anything out. It would be nice to see it available again, I liked it.

Have also stayed at the Bow River Resort and was impressed with great food and service! Wouldnt hesitate to stay there again either.

Hope this helps.

:cheers:

cgyguy

are these cabins and the bow river resort not the same place? i'm a few hours away from calgary so i cant investigate any further but if anyone can shed some light on this mystery it would be greatly appreciated.

are these cabins and the bow river resort not the same place? i'm a few hours away from calgary so i cant investigate any further but if anyone can shed some light on this mystery it would be greatly appreciated.

They are completely different. The Bow River Resort is / was the cabins. My bad in confusing you. The North Bow Lodge has accomocdations and food all under one roof and each have their own bedroom with shower and bathrooms. Nice place. The Bow River resort WAS the ones with the cabins that have the blue roofs on the cabins themselves.

cgyguy

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (zed @ Sep 14 2012, 07:42 PM)

They are completely different. The Bow River Resort is / was the cabins. My bad in confusing you. The North Bow Lodge has accomocdations and food all under one roof and each have their own bedroom with shower and bathrooms. Nice place. The Bow River resort WAS the ones with the cabins that have the blue roofs on the cabins themselves.

cgyguy

the north bow lodge is certainly beautiful but very expensive as they want to guide you. even without the guiding it would be too much for me. looking for the $100/night range but it doesn't seem to exist. too bad.