Fly Fusion Forums

Carseland Weir Rescue

Witnessed two not so smart people use the weir for an amusement ride yesterday. Hope they enjoyed it, as it alomst killed one of them.I saw him go under and thought he was a goner for sure. Buddy kiss the ground you walk on and stay off the river. To Carseland and Strathmore resue,GREAT WORK GUYS !!!!!! You were amazing. Bill the rafters for the rescue.

Saturday there was a rescue at Harvey Passage as well.... Walmart boats, beer, class 3 rapids, no experience wins you a ride in the fire boat right to cops waiting on shore.

Went I went through there were 4 cops each with seperate groups writing tickes.

Not to downplay someone's stupidity for attempting to go over the weir...but when we floated down there last weekend the safety boom was not across the river. Since I've floated down there hundreds of times I'm aware of the weir and boat launch locations. Some weekend warrior with his Walmart raft may not have known, sad, but you'd thunk the safety line should be across the river this time of year. Don't be stupid, know what to expect and where your going!

Harvey Passage is now open for boat traffic, the safety boom is now gone so users can float through the passage. There is a new safety boom across the intake on river left of the class 3 rapids.

If some dude is going to ride the rapids after his 6th beer in his nautica 2 that he bought from walmart for 19.97 a boom isn't going to stop him. As said there are signs, actually a bunch of them on both sides of the river and flashing LED signs starting 3k upstream of the weir. There is almost always a CPS and CFD presence pretty much any time i've been down there. What more can be done, you can't fix drunk and stupid.

Harvey Passage is now open for boat traffic, the safety boom is now gone so users can float through the passage. There is a new safety boom across the intake on river left of the class 3 rapids.

If some dude is going to ride the rapids after his 6th beer in his nautica 2 that he bought from walmart for 19.97 a boom isn't going to stop him. As said there are signs, actually a bunch of them on both sides of the river and flashing LED signs starting 3k upstream of the weir. There is almost always a CPS and CFD presence pretty much any time i've been down there. What more can be done, you can't fix drunk and stupid.

What I was trying to say is the safety boom is not installed upstream of the carsland weir as of last weekend