Fly Fusion Forums

Sad Day

gentlemang

I was out yesterday for a while, fishing in town. I was dragging some nymphs and snagged this monster. When I say snagged I mean quite litterally. I have not seen a fish like this before. the head kinda resembled a catfish and the tail resembled and eel.

When I dragged the fish to the side of the bank I thought that it was dead, It hadn't fought or moved or anything, I thought it was a tree branch until I could see it. The eyes were glassed over and the scales did not look healthy. The fish was not moving at all and seemed kind of stiff. I kept it in the water while went to take my hook out of the side of its head, you can see it in the picture by the gill. when I grabbed the hook to take it out the fish moved, scared the crap out of me, because as I said it sure looked dead. After I got the hook out the fish moved again, but only a bit. This fish was over 24", and I was sad to see this one on its death bed. Hopefully it revives but my guess is that it wont.

Sad day on the river,

Greg

post-4051-1337570052.jpg

Guest Grinr
I dream of getting to zombiefish level.

Speaking of.....is there a list of some kind on the site explaining the member ranking levels:post count,ie;baetis nymph,mayfly,brown trout,bait fisherman(lol) etc??

Speaking of.....is there a list of some kind on the site explaining the member ranking levels:post count,ie;baetis nymph,mayfly,brown trout,bait fisherman(lol) etc??

New member 0

Chironomid 10

Baetis Nymph 30

Mayfly 100

Stonefly 250

Cutthrout 500

Rainbow Trout 1000

Brown Trout 1500

BULL trout 2500

Master Angler 5000

If you want a custom user title it has to be clever or if not clever you can obtain one by donating any amount to a charity of your choice and prove it by uploading the paperwork.