Fly Fusion Forums

Looking For A Loop Opti Stream Rod Review

Been looking to add a med/fast action 5 wt to the collection and wanted to know if anybody is able to give a review on the Loop Opti Stream rod? Or suggest something similar. Not ready to spend $700 on a rod yet. More in the $300-400 range.

Thanks.

the opti searies is a awesome rod! super light weight with fast recovery! mid to tip flex definetly a rod most people can grow with and use for a long time! had one to demo for a few months when they first came out and loved it but went with the 693 for the bow instead! but as a prime all around rod the 5 is the way to go! if you want to spend a little less check out the evotec series they have 590s in mid flex mid action mid flex med fast action and tip flex fast actiuon and a little closer to your price range!!! same every thing just one rod to meet all 3 blank "styles"

The Loop Opti Stream has been the best single handed fly rod I've owned. Perfect weight and I can drift nympths or settle a dry fly nice and easy. Excellent casting control, it's super accurate and can handle big bushy dries. It sings with a number of lines that I own. It's a rod I use a lot.

Thanks for the reviews guys. I did buy an Opti Stream from eBay but it was a bum listing as the seller said they were out of stock. I got PO so I went and did a little more research and broke down and bought a Hardy Zenith. Casted it in the parking lot of the fly shop AND ohhh my... What a beautiful effortless casting rod!!

Stay tuned for a more detailed review when I get a reel and line for it.

I'm giddy!!

Thanks for the reviews guys. I did buy an Opti Stream from eBay but it was a bum listing as the seller said they were out of stock. I got PO so I went and did a little more research and broke down and bought a Hardy Zenith. Casted it in the parking lot of the fly shop AND ohhh my... What a beautiful effortless casting rod!!

Stay tuned for a more detailed review when I get a reel and line for it.

I'm giddy!!

Loop does make a good product