Fly Fusion Forums

Crowsnest Pass Area On Thanksgiving

bloom

So with the way my work goes in the Fall, I have only 1 weekend off until December. I'm hoping to make a trip out to the Pass for Sunday and Monday and was wondering if anyone has any advice or reports what's going on. Specifically, are the cutts in the Castle and Oldman areas still rising to dries, or is it mostly nymphing. If it's nymphing, I'll likely spend my time on the Crow enjoying the fall foliage.

PM if need be.

Hey bloom.

We plan to leave for the trailer at Cowley on TG Sunday and stay until Monday or Tuesday. All weather depending...

I fished lower Racehorse and the OM above the C&R section for one hour (or less) last Saturday. Only landed 3 cutts...two on a BAW and one on an X-caddis. Only a couple of risers. Cutts were fat and healthy. One was 16½ inches--the one from Racehorse.

Weather depending, there's a good bet you'll see afternoon olives on the Crow.

Anyway .. drop me a PM and I'll send you my cell # we'll hook up for a fishing day.

We plan to have a BBQ chicken for TG at the trailer on Sunday--you are welcome to join us.

Clive

PS: Please send me a weekend BH report as we may take a drive next Monday.