Fly Fusion Forums

Stocking Page Updated

Too bad they don't update when they're fished out. :) Lorrette and McLean are probably done already. Caught a nice fat 20 incher at Sibbald Lake on Monday, didn't expect anything so large out of there. Nobody quite understood why I would put a fish back in the water.

Wow nicholas sheran got a few hogs.

I was just looking at that. Browns and Brookies.

I also noticed that the two other lakes/res.,down by Bullshead, Cavan and Michel got stocked too, and got stocked in 05 and 06.

Are they as good as the Bullshead? I've never heard anyone mention them.

Maybe Bloom knows and is keeping it a secret....

Quote: I also noticed that the two other lakes/res.,down by Bullshead, Cavan and Michel got stocked too, and got stocked in 05 and 06.

Are they as good as the Bullshead? I've never heard anyone mention them.

Cavan gets stocked every year but by the end of summer it's a mud hole. Certain farmers use it for irrigation and by winter it's too low to support any fish over the winter. Therefore winter kill. My brother fished it at ice off and said there were a lot of dead ones floating around. But the government dumps more back in every spring. Several years ago I caught Bullshead size fish out of there but haven't bothered since.

Michele was drained 2 years ago for dam repair and is just now stocked. I heard it's about 70 % full of water so it will be a couple years before it's any decent. Another lake that the fish don't get a chance to grow. The bonkers have to keep their limit of 8" fish. This lake goes in cycles. Decent size (maybe 15" give or take) one year until they are cleaned out then small ones again the next year.