Fly Fusion Forums

Well That Sucked!

Guest Grinr

Anyone can give negative criticism on the net. Why don't you instead specifically state what you didn't like, how the show didn't meet your objectives?

And to compare the boat and sportsman show to the WCFFE is unfair; and apples and oranges comparison. The boat and sportsman show caters to a wide variety of people with diverse interests in the outdoors. For example, you may have - I don't know, since you didn't say anything really - found that the show was somewhat lacking in flyfishing "stuff", "events", "seminars", etc. Well no doubt of course.

That would be akin to a boating enthusiast attending the WCFFE and saying it sucked because of the lack of ski boats. Of course its an opinion, but how valid is the viewpoint?

Bottom line, don't be a "hater" without explaining why, no matter what the situation in life...

:)

Cheers,

Smitty

Fair enough...

I was expecting to attend a show with a much greater emphasis on fishing and hunting equipment with dozens of retailers competing for sales,not unlike most(all?) of the traditional early spring "outdoorsman" shows I've visited from coast to coast.I was planning to spend some money on fishing gear,shoulder some rifles,pull some bows....see what's new for 2012 in person.

As it is/was,the show was 50% boat salesman,40% outfitters booking trips,9% pitch men hawking ginsu knives and car wax,and about the only actual fishing gear retailer I recall finding was the Fishn Hole which I can visit anytime and not pay $13 at the door.

i never made it to the show this year, but from what i read it was just about the same as last year. As for the Fly fishing expo, went there and should have kept my money, i was in the same mindset as Grinr (sportsman show). I had some money and was ready to spend it. But, it was just a lot of outfitters and a couple shops, some guys tying flies, and a few sexy hyde boats. The only good think i found from it was seeing April in person, damn that girl looks good! and shes a lot shorter then i thought she'd be.... guess i will save my money for the local fly shops where i know they want my business...

Concernin' most "outdoor" trade shows I've seen in the last 20 yrs or so; used to hit'em every yr.. then every other yr.. lately increased to every 3 yrs but am seriously considerin' every 4 yrs. They all seem to fall into the same stuff different pile category yr after yr.

Concernin' most "outdoor" trade shows I've seen in the last 20 yrs or so; used to hit'em every yr.. then every other yr.. lately increased to every 3 yrs but am seriously considerin' every 4 yrs. They all seem to fall into the same stuff different pile category yr after yr.

Agree whole heartedly! Went to the RV show and found it very hot and stuffy, full of little ones climbing in and out of the units and at your knees, (they were ahving fun though), and huge crowds of people. After all was said and done, my legs were tired, I was sweaty, and in a bad mood. Not worth my 13 bucks to park and 26 bucks for us to get in. Shoulda went for a walk instead!