Fly Fusion Forums

Wader Repair

Managed to get out on the river for a couple of days over the weekend. Fishing was good but unfortunately, i discovered that my waders have delaminated on the inside of the legs. When I turn the waders inside out, the intact membrane has separated from the nylon shell in a few places. I have been looking for a new pair of waders and will probably pick some up in the spring but I was hoping to keep these ones going for the next couple of months. Can I fix the delam and restore the waterproofing? I don't need these to breath but they need to keep the water out.

What kind of warrantee do they have?!

P

No warranty left on them unfortunately. And, I'm pretty sure the damage was caused by me leaving them in the ski box on top of the truck for a few days when we were down in Montana. It can get pretty warm up there. I doubt they would be covered even if they were still under the warranty period.

If they are either Simms or Patagonia their warrantee would cover delaminating. If they are another brand and are still "Goretex" [Gold label], they would still be covered... If they are not, then I guess you are S O L...

If you are not worried about breathability then just use a bunch of aquaseal...

P

No warranty left on them unfortunately. And, I'm pretty sure the damage was caused by me leaving them in the ski box on top of the truck for a few days when we were down in Montana. It can get pretty warm up there. I doubt they would be covered even if they were still under the warranty period.

If they are either Simms or Patagonia their warrantee would cover delaminating. If they are another brand and are still "Goretex" [Gold label], they would still be covered... If they are not, then I guess you are S O L...

If you are not worried about breathability then just use a bunch of aquaseal...

P

I'm thinking pretty hard about getting Simms. Just can't afford the custom fit options at the moment which is why I'm trying to repair the ones I have. Will definately try the Aqua Seal. I was looking at some stuff for doing tent floors. I think that may do the trick. Thanks for the advice.

Al

I like to stitch any tears with 10lbs maxima and then load on the aqua seal on both sides. Duct tape flat while liquid so you get a nice smooth surface. Can never seem to keep a pair of waders leak free...