Fly Fusion Forums

Zap-a-gap

Kristi

I have been known to use Zap-A-Gap for my fly line to leader either with a splice or loop is there any other products out there that one could recomend or suggest?, or is there another way i could be doing all this? I know there is ..

Zap a gap is pretty much the same thing as crazy glue... Try aqua seal or another pliable product which IMHO is better suited for that specific application...

P

I have been known to use Zap-A-Gap for my fly line to leader either with a splice or loop is there any other products out there that one could recomend or suggest?, or is there another way i could be doing all this? I know there is ..

Nail knot on a piece of heavy test mono to the end of you fly line, assuming you cut off the loop. Put some UV glue on the knot to prevent the braid in you line from getting wet & secure the knot. Use a loop to loop connection from the mono to your leader.

Andrew

Just like this!

http://midcurrent.com/videos/how-to-tie-a-nail-knot/

Nail knot on a piece of heavy test mono to the end of you fly line, assuming you cut off the loop. Put some UV glue on the knot to prevent the braid in you line from getting wet & secure the knot. Use a loop to loop connection from the mono to your leader.

Andrew

get yourself one of these. I never use a loop to loop. I've seen so many people cast so badly with it, and then I change them out to a straight nail knot and they stop tangling the dry fly. Why? extra rigidity and the removal of an extra "hinge" from the casting system.

this tool you can tie a nail knot in about 10 seconds with, comes with instructions... easy to use. I swear by this thing.

Tie-Fast%20Knot%20Tyer.jpg

Thanks guys, great suggestions. I'll have to investigate further on several ideas I saw here.

Hawgs; that tool looks dangerous. Does it hurt when you stabb yourself? lol. I'm sure it isnt that dangerouse looking in hand... well i hope it isnt.. ;)

Kristi

Yes, just like that. I LOL'ed when he said it was old school. Personally I just don't trust braided loops.

I like to tie the nail knot with a straw rather than a nail, I find it easier to keep it all together. Like this http://www.animatedknots.com/nailknot/index.php

Andrew