Fly Fusion Forums

Jack Dennis And Phil Rowley

And what should I be tying for this time of year to fish streams and rivers, any suggestions???

:psssst:

~Kristi

Nymphing in the winter is generally the best way to go. While this will undoubted be contradicted by some, i find smaller nymphs e.g. #16 work well for me in the winter. San Juan worms, hares ear, prince nymphs and copper johns are always good performers. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Thank you Gil for the Welcome! and the insight on what I should focus on in tying for the now! I do understand that everyone has their own oppionions and i will and do respect all.. I am fairly new to this whole FF/FT sect. And am just eager to learn is all.

wow lol I figured with how busy this forum is, I would have had more responses!

~Kristi

Lots may have changed since I last looked into it but,

Here is the list of topics: in no particular order:

•The Naked Truth – Floating Lines in Stillwaters

•Terminal Solutions (leader formulas)

•Baitfish patterns in Lakes

•Boatman and Backswimmers

•Top 10 Stillwater Habits

•Favorite Stillwaters in North America

•Stillwater Fly tying demo

•Czech (European) Nymphing

•What Fish See (Green River Experiment)

•Tying demo – How to build a better dry fly

•How to get a PhD in flyfishing

•Tying demo – World of the Blue Winged Olive

•25 of the Best Fly Fishing Tips

I do know that I am looking forward to this 2 day seminar and hope to meet new faces during that weekend!

~Kristi

Ok here is another question.. any suggestions for salt water flys as I am going to be in Mexico in Febuary... I've made several streamers and they look like chunks of meat!!!... those sukkas are for the sharks and I dont think I'll be casting those for blacktips anywhere close to there.. ;) salt water will be new for me shore and deep water..

~Kristi

Nymphing in the winter is generally the best way to go. While this will undoubted be contradicted by some, i find smaller nymphs e.g. #16 work well for me in the winter. San Juan worms, hares ear, prince nymphs and copper johns are always good performers. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

I'm with you on the small flies in winter but they just haven't been working well for me this year - I've all but abondoned them. I've been doing well on San Juans (the big ones!), stones and leeches.

O.K on top of being stoked for this seminar comming up here in Edmonton. I'm looking forward to weekend after in Calgary. Im hoping to catch the Western Canadian F/F expo. Expecting that I can make my way there and soak up what I can. I also don't even know what to expect as it will be the first ever of this kind for me to attend.. =)

Can any one fill me in on any details before I adenture into the net and see for my self?

Thanks

~Kristi

Kristi, the FF show at Spruce Meadows is an excellant way to meet some of the people from this board. Stop by the booth and introduce your self. There are lots of short seminars and tieing demos all through the weekend. Check out the web site, fly fishing events .com to see what the seminars are all about. The workshops are all about 2 hours long and well worth the cost in my opinion. I'll be spending some time at the fly fish calgary booth. Not too sure if that is the actual name on the booth but there should be several guys taking turns tieing some flies.

You should probably find something on sale that you need. If you see me at the show, say Hi. I'm the old guy.

Murray