Fly Fusion Forums

Fly In This Spring, Bc, Alta, Or Sask

I have decided on treating the better half and me to a fly in this spring. Will consider northern BC, Alta or Sask.Want a camp, lodge, cabins or even a yurt sp? What do you fellow FFC members feel is the best bang for the buck? I think 3 days on the water should do it, plus travel time. Any feedback is appreciated, and will help me greatly, for direction on my research. Thanks in advance. If you wish, you can always PM me. Paul :fish_jump:

I would seriously consider doing a trip for pike. Mikisew Sport Fishing is good for self guided trips, or there are a bunch of all inclusive lodges in Saskatchewan as well. While you're at it try for lakers on the fly, believe it or not a 9wt is almost too light for a 15lb laker!

I would seriously consider doing a trip for pike. Mikisew Sport Fishing is good for self guided trips, or there are a bunch of all inclusive lodges in Saskatchewan as well. While you're at it try for lakers on the fly, believe it or not a 9wt is almost too light for a 15lb laker!

Thx i will check it out. I have an 8 & 10 wt rod, for the biggies, and 5 or 6 for smaller.

I did a trip to Fortress Lake a few years ago. Amazing trip and highly recommended. It's hard to believe the brook trout that you catch there are the same species that you catch in east slope streams! They are big, strong fish.

It's an especially nice place to go with your spouse because you can also go hiking, canoeing or just hang out and relax when you are not fishing.