Fly Fusion Forums

Need To Borrow A Ibook G4 Battery (2006/07)

So my wife's iBook pooched out (logic board needs to be replaced but that part is apparently obsolete so cannot get the thing repaired) so we ca no longer get power to the computer and therefore cannot charge the battery (which is only holding a charge for about 15 minutes)...

Anyone out there have a iBook G4 that we can borrow the (charged) battery from so that we can back-up the hard drive (to which I should have done a while ago!) prior to getting a new MacBook Pro?!

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Peter

If it comes to that, but we need to get to a particular file at this point in time (not super critical)... Also, not sure when we will be getting a new one as macBook Pros will go out of production in the next little while (6 months or so) so might want to wait until whatever the latest and greatest is that will replace them...

P

Peter,

Could you not bring directly to Apple and have them do that for you? I am sure they would be more than happy to help, especially if you are planning on getting a MacBook Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

PM Sent

You are better off to pull the drive and use a USB connector to copy everything elsewhere. I know this is a couple weeks old but I'd be glad to pull the drive for you if you still need that drive. Takes about 20 minutes on that model, it's really in a bad spot.

http://www.sterpin.net/uk/ddibookg4uk.htm