Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing In Hot Weather

ghus32

In my experience, they do the opposite. Hotter weather means slower, deeper water becomes oxygen deprived. Faster, more turbulent water is more oxygenated. So in order to breath, they tend to be in faster, and often shallower water. As long as the water is not too hot, their metabolisms are up, and they feed hard. This is great for the fisherman, unless it gets to hot and they get to stressed.

Recently, most of my fish have been caught in water I would classify as hauling ass fast. Sure is fun to fish, but you have to cast a lot!

I suppose anywhere anytime at all times is worth checking out. My favorite places are just behind a fast riffle where it pours into a nice deep pool.

I'd fish the water Rickr is describing too. In my time I catch less in that water but, I have a hard time reading the fast water so I'm usually fishing blind.

Deep deep deep is always fun fishing...You never know whats lurking down in the depths