Fly Fusion Forums

Walkandwade Recommendation

Hi there,

I've tried the Bow a few times, with limited success. I'll be visiting the area and the East Kootenay from the BC coast next week and the week after. Could someone recommend a good guide for walkandwade on the Bow? I figure I could learn a bit one day, then do it myself the next.

Thanks for any help

see if you can get Brian(Hawgstoppah).he is the original and probably the best walk and wade guy here.that might just be my opinion because i have used his services many times for different rivers and have learned alot every time.just send him a pm and he might have a free day.

Hawgstopper (Brian) has a great deal on a drift if you are able to go on that particular date!!

P

Hi there,

I've tried the Bow a few times, with limited success. I'll be visiting the area and the East Kootenay from the BC coast next week and the week after. Could someone recommend a good guide for walkandwade on the Bow? I figure I could learn a bit one day, then do it myself the next.

Thanks for any help

First off: Bow River Adventures is a sponsor of this forum. We'd be happy to take you out. We will not pester you with any PM's trying to get you out, though. Anyone who is doing that, has not paid to be a site sponsor, and is trying to take business from those who are. There are several top notch guiding companies who are sponsors, you will find them all listed in the sponsors section.. any will offer a great experience.

I have a spot open for a drift on Aug 26th, might be able to find you a second person and your cost would only be $200. Or a full day cost is still only $400 (includes lunches, transportation to/from meeting place). On my drifts I do 6am to 7pm 'ish... a full day with a ton of getting out and wading, with access points for wading pointed out, so my guys learn tactics for the Bow on foot too. I also could do a walk and wade, your choice. :)

drop me (Hawgstoppah) or richard (dutchie) a PM if that interests you. or call 403-995-3677

cheers and tight lines :)

Brian