Fly Fusion Forums

2011 Pics

Mitchell0724

Nice fish, nice photos.

Looks like you & your buds are having a pretty good year, Mitchell.

It's nice to see the young fellas out there slammin' fish on the fly. Well done! :bow:

BTW, a couple of those rainbow pics have shown me that I should really fish the damsel patterns that I carry & have never used...

Thanks!

Thank you

Nice fish, nice photos.

Looks like you & your buds are having a pretty good year, Mitchell.

It's nice to see the young fellas out there slammin' fish on the fly. Well done! :bow:

BTW, a couple of those rainbow pics have shown me that I should really fish the damsel patterns that I carry & have never used...

Thanks!

Damsles are awesome some days! They just cant resist them if you get the timing right, earlyer in the year lots of damsles were tapping the water and big trout came flying out of the water for a them. I went home and tyed a couple up and they worked awesome. They started to slow down after a couple of weeks probly because the damsles quit laying eggs but you still can alway hook a few. The nicest thing about them is that stockers seem to ignore them so if you get one you know its probly a decent fish. I was getting most of my trout about a foot from shore or right beside lillys or downed trees.

009-3.jpg

This is by far the best one I've used and I did debarb it before I used it.

The body is a material I bought at the sportmensden in reddeer but its fairly easy to make your own(I'll post how if you want)

The hook realy doesnt matter but a wide gap hooks up more fish I find.

The post is whatever you want but I like black because you can see it better through the glare on the water.

I use seals fur dubbing for the thorax becuse it kinda looks like legs in the water when you pull it out

Grizzly hackle looks like fluttering wings on the water which is nice because tying on wings like two hackle tips makes the fly catch more wind making it harder to cast.

Thanks for sharing. Some "handsome" fish!

I was about to ask the recipe for the damsel, but you beat me to it. I'm also interested to learn how the extended body is done, though I assume it is similar to that of mayfly.

009-3.jpg

This is by far the best one I've used and I did debarb it before I used it.

The body is a material I bought at the sportmensden in reddeer but its fairly easy to make your own(I'll post how if you want)

The hook realy doesnt matter but a wide gap hooks up more fish I find.

The post is whatever you want but I like black because you can see it better through the glare on the water.

I use seals fur dubbing for the thorax becuse it kinda looks like legs in the water when you pull it out

Grizzly hackle looks like fluttering wings on the water which is nice because tying on wings like two hackle tips makes the fly catch more wind making it harder to cast.

Nice to see some Red Deer River browns on here. Lots of big browns on the Red Deer will sit right beside a grassy bank and ambush dragonflies as they fly down the grass line. Ive seen 5 pound plus Browns do back flips 2 feet out of the water going after dragonflies.

Nice to see some Red Deer River browns on here. Lots of big browns on the Red Deer will sit right beside a grassy bank and ambush dragonflies as they fly down the grass line. Ive seen 5 pound plus Browns do back flips 2 feet out of the water going after dragonflies.

:security: Your good, lol SHHHHHHH!!!!! Just Kidding, some time I would like to bring a few people along.

I like the rod in mouth technique

Lol I didn't want to freeze my hands in the water because it was right when the season opened, the water was cold! I guese I wasnt thinking that I was holding a cold wet slimy pike so it was pertty useless. I went home after the bigger one.

Those pike hits must have been pretty exciting! Looks like a cool spot. Nice work!

Thanks.

Not much compares to seeing a pikes muscular back make a giant wake dart towards your fly from the shallows and then absolutly destroy your top water fly. If they want it they are on a mission to kill it. And then the fun begins they fight hard! Its not for those with a bad heart because your adrenaline will be going crazy. It makes my heart pound just thinking about it. Now I want to get some more pike.