Fly Fusion Forums

Another One Bites The Dust!

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

I was floating down the bow with some friends and noticed a guy with a big rope hanging off the bank. We went closer and the *hit for brains starts bragging about how he was using bait and that he already lost his stringer down the river with 1 brown and 3 whits on it.....what a shame. We asked is he eats them and he said every last one what a MORON, i hope the Pb tastes good

I gave the RAP line a call and get the ball rolling. I Then got a call around 8pm from the Officer who rolled on them. They guy admitted to loosing his stringer and he had the bait in his bag but then he did the stupidest thing possible and lied to the officer about having fish on him! Im hoping for another $200 (thats what i got of the others chucking bait a month ago).

Good on ya 420, lots of idiots out there for sure...

Why is it so hard to read and understand regs.

its not hard to understand the regs,its just assholes who chose not to.if we all were like that that the river would be empty in less than a year.great that you called the RAP line.

Called in a guy again last night after talking to him in the parking lot and he was all excited about the ~24" trout (basing that off his hand gestures and the size of the shape I could see through the black garbage bag) that he caught and kept. I said "you're not allowed to keep large trout in this river. It's illegal. You're only allowed to keep one trout UNDER 35cm".

Then all of a sudden he was having a hard time speaking and understanding english.. "oh I didn't know that". I said, "you should know that, it says it in the regulations book that you get with your license. Did you get a regulations book with your license?" "Yeah I gotta license". "No, did you get a regulations book with your license?" .... "mumble mumble.." Another older gentleman with him, possibly dad or an uncle, speaks to him in Chinese I think to ask him what I was saying to him. Then he starts telling him back in Chinese that they're not supposed to keep large trout, only small ones (I gathered this from the body language and gestures). So then I said, "It's a big fine if you get caught doing that, probably a thousand dollars or more!" I have no idea what it really is, but was trying to make a point. He's like "ohhh!" I started walking away when it clicked in my head that this was the exact same dude that was poaching in that exact same spot the last time I was there. He had a different vehicle this time so he threw me off at first... The last time we thought he was up to no good, but didn't have any proof really until a couple that were walking their dog came up to talk to me. Them: "Any luck?" Me: "Not really, one whitey right at the start, but nothing since that.. pretty slow tonight." Them: "Oh yeah. That guy over there is catching a bunch. He has 2 brown trout and 3 rainbows on the ground." Me: "Really? Did you see the actual fish yourselves?" Them: "Oh yeah, he showed them to us. And he's using bread to catch them." Me: "Alright thanks. I'll call him in to RAP. You're only allowed to keep one trout under 35cm in this river, and you're not allowed to use bait." Them: "Yeah, I thought that was kinda suspicious..."

So while they were still there I snapped a few pictures of their vehicle and license plate.. didn't try to hide it. Then I phoned it in to RAP.. got a call from the officer ~10-15 minutes later to confirm all the information. Fortunately this time the officer knew exactly the spot I was talking about. Told him that this guy must frequent that spot because he was there the last time I was there ~3 weeks ago, and this was the first time I was back to that spot and he was there again. Officer said that "if the stars all align right" they can actually pull the name & address from the license plate info. If they happen to be in the area that the person lives, they can actually go to their house to "have a chat". If the person admitted it, they can actually seize the fish right at the door! I had no idea. But he said that it's rare that it happens that way. I told him to look up my last call in, because it was the same guy, but he had a different vehicle, and the officer said he would do that. Anyways, he was very thankful for the information.

If anyone fishes regularly by the ball diamonds in Douglasdale, PM me and I'll let you know the vehicle description and license plate #'s so you can keep an eye out as well. I think I'll probably start going by there the odd time without my fishing gear and see if I can get this jerk caught red-handed.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

while we are at it, keep an eye out for a Black Chrysler 300 with all the extra mopar chrome window trim. I have got him chucking gulp worms at BonnyBrook, i imagine if he does it there he does it every where!