Fly Fusion Forums

Why Do People Feel Like They Have To Argue?

I've worked in the retail industry for almost 20 years now and the one thing that always amazes me is that when I am unable to help out a customer (Don't carry a item) they feel the need to tell me I am wrong and do not know my job.

Its probably the one thing that annoys me the most and people wonder why sometimes they get bad service, itas not from me cause I always look for a solution for the customer but some people just want to arguye I guess.

I had one yahoo today tell me that I did not know my job and I was an idoit for sending him to another store (company), and that I should call around, pay for it and then resell it to him at my store, really???? When I told him I could not do that he then told me that the customer is always right and that he would be writing a letter to our head office explaining in detail how I would not order an item for him that we did not carry and resell it to him, really does he expect to get me in trouble?

Its gonna be one of those days I can just see it now.

I also work in the retail industry, I think it makes them feel better if they can cause an argument with you and in turn ruin your day. If at the end of the conversation if they are still mad i always smile at them and tell them to have a great day. This seems to agitate them even more as they stomp off!!!!!

I also work in the retail industry, I think it makes them feel better if they can cause an argument with you and in turn ruin your day. If at the end of the conversation if they are still mad i always smile at them and tell them to have a great day. This seems to agitate them even more as they stomp off!!!!!

I fully understand where you are coming from but I honestly do want to find a solution for their problem and I much rather have them leave happy then mad, adding fuel to the fire just isn't me, Im a professional at what I do and what people to feel like they are not getting ripped off or sold the wrong thing.

I fully understand where you are coming from but I honestly do want to find a solution for their problem and I much rather have them leave happy then mad, adding fuel to the fire just isn't me, Im a professional at what I do and what people to feel like they are not getting ripped off or sold the wrong thing.

Can't give you the key to success, but trying to please everyone is generally a key to failure.

We have turned into an entitled society, everything should be easy and quick for people. I'm not in retail anymore but I still face alot of clients in the run of a week.

I always look to diffuse situations myself . Its to easy for me to get mad and want to wreck 'em . But must stay proffesional at work , so I would try to make things fun , for both . just an idea... I would agree with them that they have a point , and be like .. "just a moment Ill be right back !"... Come back with a camcorder (at the ready ) and ask them to state their concern ! If they do say that you "will be sending to the head office for consideration" , and if they ask what its about , tell em" Im in charge of making a video , regarding harassment in the workplace for new employees!" and this is perfect footage of how to deal with impossible customers!

All done with a smile , and extreme politeness . cause MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!!

Personally I believe it should be legal to use a fly swatter once in a while ..... just sayin'

I use a Hot Shot on the real recalcitrant ones. Works better than verbally offerin' to pull their liver outta their anus.

I would pay to see either of those options, Taco!

BTW, in keeping with the topic ( "Why Do People Feel Like They Have To Argue?"), I completely disagree..........with everything! :angel:smail:

I use a Hot Shot on the real recalcitrant ones. Works better than verbally offerin' to pull their liver outta their anus.

I'm taking every opportunity presented to me today to use the liver/anus line. That's a big win there buddy lol