Fly Fusion Forums

Any Fly Fishing Teachers Out There?

I have a guy at work that asked me who to talk to about learning how to fly fish. Him and his wife are eager to learn. I told him id post and see who would be up for the challenge. Any advise or input would be great. Thanks

They may also be interested in a float or walk and wade after a lesson. Not sure how it all works for the guides out there.

Thanks ladies and gents

Everette

Other then fly schools, Hawgstopper or Maxwell are their best bets

P

I have a guy at work that asked me who to talk to about learning how to fly fish. Him and his wife are eager to learn. I told him id post and see who would be up for the challenge. Any advise or input would be great. Thanks

They may also be interested in a float or walk and wade after a lesson. Not sure how it all works for the guides out there.

Thanks ladies and gents

Everette

http://www.mclennanflyfishing.com/

Jim and Lynda McLennan began fly fishing together in the 1970s. Since then the McLennans have been teaching fly fishing, writing about fly fishing, photographing fly fishing, and making presentations about fly fishing around Alberta and beyond. Lynda McLennan teaches fly fishing schools for men and women, and was a founding director of Casting for Life. Lynda McLennan is a skilled photographer, and her work has appeared in numerous outdoor magazines, including Gray’s Sporting Journal and The Canadian FlyFisher. Jim McLennan was one of the original fly-fishing guides on Alberta’s Bow River, and was one of the people who brought Trout Unlimited to Alberta in the 1970s. Jim McLennan's magazine articles appear regularly in fly fishing magazines includingFly Fisherman, Fly Fishing and Tying Journal, Northwest Fly Fishing, Fly Fusion, Gray’s Sporting Journal and others. Jim McLennan is the author of four fly-fishing books: Trout Streams of Alberta, Blue Ribbon Bow, Fly Fishing Western Trout Streams, and Water Marks, and is a frequent speaker at fly fishing shows and clubs.

http://www.mclennanflyfishing.com/

Jim and Lynda McLennan began fly fishing together in the 1970s. Since then the McLennans have been teaching fly fishing, writing about fly fishing, photographing fly fishing, and making presentations about fly fishing around Alberta and beyond. Lynda McLennan teaches fly fishing schools for men and women, and was a founding director of Casting for Life. Lynda McLennan is a skilled photographer, and her work has appeared in numerous outdoor magazines, including Gray’s Sporting Journal and The Canadian FlyFisher. Jim McLennan was one of the original fly-fishing guides on Alberta’s Bow River, and was one of the people who brought Trout Unlimited to Alberta in the 1970s. Jim McLennan's magazine articles appear regularly in fly fishing magazines includingFly Fisherman, Fly Fishing and Tying Journal, Northwest Fly Fishing, Fly Fusion, Gray’s Sporting Journal and others. Jim McLennan is the author of four fly-fishing books: Trout Streams of Alberta, Blue Ribbon Bow, Fly Fishing Western Trout Streams, and Water Marks, and is a frequent speaker at fly fishing shows and clubs.

I will most certainly second this.

I have taken two courses with Jim. The introductory course and the Listening to the Bow course. Both were WELL worth the time and the money.