Fly Fusion Forums

My First Pontoon Float

reevesr1

Here are a few shots of my first float in a pontoon on the Bow, or any flowing water for that matter. Troutlover and I did Police to Mac and it was a blast.

fishing2011005.jpg

We were finished fishing this corner by probably 9 am. And if we had not caught another fish all day, we would have been happy. Or at least I think so. Fortunately, we did not have to test that theory.

fishing2011006.jpg

fishing2011007.jpg

fishing2011010.jpg

Lucky shot

fishing2011014.jpg

fishing2011019.jpg

We caught all our fish wading. One thing I did learn was to not waste any time if a run is not productive, or petering out. The first half of the float was almost all fishing. The second half was almost all rowing! I'm tired, a bit sore. But that was one of my most enjoyable fishing days ever. Thanks Jared for not letting me stick to the tried and true. By the way, that was his first Police to Mac float as well. He will certainly do it again. All I need is my own boat!

Who is that handsome devil !? ..... wait! is that ... Yes it is.... the FFC eye candy! Nice pictures rick. It was a lot of fun i too was sore the next morning i've had 11 hrs of sleep in the last couple days I need to get some beauty rest i think i'm taking tomorrow off the river.

FNG not my BVK the BVK will be my bow river dryfly rod had it out a couple times it is a sweeet stick.