Fly Fusion Forums

Hooked My First Brown Today

then lost it. Fought it for a few minutes, then figured I could muscle him to shore - figure again LOL. Seen him at the surface, nice fish.

Then I caught this sucker... My hands aren't the size of meathooks but I thought for sure he was going to break me off...

Had a few more hookups but couldn't seem to keep them on.

post-2980-1308527254.jpg

Definitely worth the wait, very nice coloring on the fish... Didn't run at all, just had a heck of a time getting it off the bottom.

Got it back in the water facing upstream and it just swam off slowly but strong.

The bull is the next on the list :)

Well, finally landed my first brown, taped in at 20", lovin' it. Beautiful evening, good company, good fishing - beats the heck out of work any day!!

brown1.jpg

[/quote

First double I think I've participated in this year !! YeeeHaw ! Good job Rob!! ( sorry for the finger in the upper right hand corner)

First double I think I've participated in this year !! YeeeHaw ! Good job Rob!! ( sorry for the finger in the upper right hand corner)

It was pretty sweet when we both had fish on at the same time. Won't get much fishing in this week, but i'm free most of the weekend.

I deal with alot of people day to day - due to my job - and they are always amazed when I tell them of the fishing right here in the city... Have to show them pictures as proof cause they don't believe me...