Fly Fusion Forums

Where To Buy Drift Boat Oars, Blades Etc..

So I'm looking into buying a backup collapsable drift boat oar, a couple new blades (I recently noticed some cracks in mine) and I'm wondering where other people buy drift boat items like these? I've gone through the new Canadian Hyde site and it seems very overpriced especially by the time you add in shipping so before I make my order I just wanted to see what kind of advice I could get off other boaters on the board?

@NoTyFly - Bass Pro Oars are just a little too short I think. The shaft on most drift boat oars are about 9ft and Bass Pro only has oars up to 7.5ft unfortunately.

@Gaffer - I'll let you know what I find out I really don't want to order the ones from Hyde but it may be the easiest option.

Two years back when I broke an oar I couldn't find anything other than the ones from Hyde (in the States). The shipping was almost as much as the oars - so I bought 2 as an extra backup.

Let us know if you can find anywhere that's a bit more reasonably priced.

Check these diamond blades out. I haven't tried them yet...but sure plan too.

They make alot of sense....

http://www.premierflyfishing.net/premier_oars_blades.php

Those are the oars that I have.

I've not had a chance to row them as my boat is still in pieces and I have not been out with anyone on the Bow yet this year,

They shipped by UPS from Hyde and they were $35, so dont worry too much about shipping.

Here is the kicker, Hyde was blowing them out and the were only $100. I was not looking to buy oars but had to at that price. I am just kicking myself I did not buy both sets they had. I think the regular price is about $500.

Fish Tales has a couple sets of oars. I think they have some Hyde ones and Adipose ones which are wood.

A lot of the wooden boat guys like their oars, plus they're in Canada http://barkleysoundoar.com/Product.htm#products

Andrew

Those are the oars that I have.

I have have not had a chance to row them as my boat is still in pieces and I have not been out with anyone on the Bow yet this year,

They shipped by UPS from Hyde and they were $35, so dont worry too much about shipping.

Here is the kicker, Hyde was blowing them out and the were only $100. I was not looking to buy oars but had to at that price. I am just kicking myself I did not buy both sets they had. I think the regular price is about $500.

Fish Tales has a couple sets of oars. I think they have some Hyde ones and Adipose ones which are wood.

Andrew

How bout we take my boat and your oars out when run-off is over. I would sure like to try them before plunking down cash.

How long are yours?

How bout we take my boat and your oars out when run-off is over. I would sure like to try them before plunking down cash.

How long are yours?

Yeah, I would be willing to do that. They are either 9.5' or 10'. I"ll measure them when I am in the garage today.

Andrew

I emailed Premier Fly Fishing and those Oar Blades are $100 each compared to Hydes Magnum Oar blades which are $75. I would like to go with the Premiers but I have other things I need to order from Hyde so I don't know if I can justify the shipping costs on two separate orders.

I emailed Premier Fly Fishing and those Oar Blades are $100 each compared to Hydes Magnum Oar blades which are $75. I would like to go with the Premiers but I have other things I need to order from Hyde so I don't know if I can justify the shipping costs on two separate orders.

That makes sense. If you still want to check mine out let me know.

Andrew