Fly Fusion Forums

K Country Lake Trout

jasonvilly

Went out to K country and area this past weekend.

We caught a couple of these guys all about the same size.

The picture with my blackberry is a little deceiving, they look much darker, in real life they were really lightly colored with a lot less intense spotting. I initially thought it was a bull trout but was later corrected by FNG and Birchy that they were Lake Trout.

Pretty cool to catch from shore and they put a pretty good fight for such cold water.

Cheers

post-3792-1307546146.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My father is flying across the country to do some fishing with me in K country for a couple weeks and has never caught a laker. So naturally I thought we would head out to spray for a morning. wondering if you have any recommendations on fly's and locations! I am assuming buggers and such but would love any tips you could give us

• 2 weeks later...
My father is flying across the country to do some fishing with me in K country for a couple weeks and has never caught a laker. So naturally I thought we would head out to spray for a morning. wondering if you have any recommendations on fly's and locations! I am assuming buggers and such but would love any tips you could give us

The ones we caught were on black from the shore.