Fly Fusion Forums

Stolen!!

Just a reminder , to watch your gear!! I have had my 9' 6 wt TFO stolen . 2pc w/tube , green , w/black rod . Kind of hooped , and reel. Was a package I picked up at Wholesale Sports while they were still on 58th .

Cortland line , If anyone may see it , will you please let me know !? Dr has me off work till post cardioversion , mid June early July

....is time to stand in some water for me .

Lucky I have an 8 wt , just be careful guys .....or fun may be over for a while

Screaming Reels .........J

Where was your stuff stolen , I was hit also this weekend .

Glenmore boat launch .

:$*%&:

My stuff was gone a week ago , merely waited to see if it may pop up , before accepting that it really was stolen. Thought I may have set it somewhere and forgot ... but no , that didn't happen .

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss as well . Its too bad ....truthfully , I'm not convinced that they even know what they are grabbing when they do it ! Have they ever cast a fly line.......

I pray that the rod will sit in a corner or a garage , and a young person discovers it and develops a passion for the lifestyle .

Or maybe the actual thief , themselves have a door opened in there life resulting from having this stick around and they develop a relationship with our planet , like I do...............J

Without sounding too much like a cynic with no heart... The best you could hope for is that the crack that they buy with the proceeds from selling it, ends up killing them!! :derby racer:

P

I still don't get how it was stolen. Was it in your car while you were fishing? Was it stolen from your house?

It was stolen from my house , I had it out and was gearing up to go out , and set it in my Jeep , when I realized that I had not latched the gate properly . Running to get the gate and close it before the dogs flew out of the house , I had run back in the house for a my waders and boots while I was near and when I returned to my Jeep , it was gone .

Without sounding too much like a cynic with no heart... The best you could hope for is that the crack that they buy with the proceeds from selling it, ends up killing them!! :derby racer:

P

I hear yah , I get a a wee bit :thor: when I my pride may get out .

I'm choosing to be humble about it , after all ......it is replacable !

And its definately not worth any life ! Not even those of US , who may be at the end of their rope !

If anything , what these f****rs need is a slap indeed . More importantly some MILITARY ! And I'm talking Infantry , they may learn respect , discipline , and pride themselves . Hows that for rehab , ?

a bit more productive than living the life freeloading and working out at our expense , work for it

J

If anything , what these f****rs need is a slap indeed . More importantly some MILITARY ! And I'm talking Infantry , they may learn respect , discipline , and pride themselves . Hows that for rehab , ?

a bit more productive than living the life freeloading and working out at our expense , work for it

J

YES 100% X 2

Sorry to hear about your stuff gettin ripped guy's..... I have had Fly Gear ripped off on 4 occasions, Its a shitty, gut wrenching feelin indeed, especially when you know the thieves have no use for it... The thefts still bother me on a daily basis, and some days I get a little wound up and start cursing, when Im lookin for something I need or had and realize that is now a stolen Item....

..Jeff...

sorry to hear about your rod being stolen, if you need a loaner, I have an older original series TFO 9' 6wt 2piece you can borrow. Or you can buy it with the carrying case for $60

Glenmore boat launch .

That is a bad boat launch at Glenmore ive even had my gas tank emptyed. This always deters people from getting any bad thoughts. When i see a person at the parking lots hanging around i put my gear on and then walk behind there vehicle and pretend to write down their license number. It seems to work for me, but be careful some just dont like that. Why? Probably the culprit . my thought

Mike

Glenmore boat launch .

Hey man , sorry to hear of your loss !

And Mike , thats a great idea ! It's safe to say that our first line of defense , will be to work together as the " Community /family" in which we share our lifestyle ! That's a perfect start , police-ing together ! Power in numbers ! ID decals on vehicles (FFC) may help us recognize a brother/sister's property too .

I will operate in this manner , from now on ..........And in doing so , anyone snooping around a launch site/parking area with no business being there . Will have an encounter with a Grizz on two legs !

About a year ago, someone attempted to break into my car while i was fishing at Southland. The lock was totally gone, but my door was still locked and everything was still there. From then on i keep my stuff out of plain view in the trunk and keep a club on the wheel. The repair cost me $300 dollars.

Seams like this stuff is on the rise.

Sorry about your loss, i feel for you, and hopefully you can get out on the river soon again.

Sorry to hear about your stuff gettin ripped guy's..... I have had Fly Gear ripped off on 4 occasions, Its a shitty, gut wrenching feelin indeed, especially when you know the thieves have no use for it... The thefts still bother me on a daily basis, and some days I get a little wound up and start cursing, when Im lookin for something I need or had and realize that is now a stolen Item....

..Jeff...

Awe man , so sorry to hear about that ! That's friggin' ridiculous . Be nice to get one of those African anti-theft Flame Throwing devices . Hey when we seem 'em post...... roast ! They would be easier to identify !